USA2Holland Internship Program: Career Internships for Low-Income Students
The USA2Holland Internship Program is an internship program created by the Netherland-America Foundation (NAF) to enable high-achieving, low-income American college students to pursue an actual working internship within a company in the Netherlands. Candidates will be an upperclassman or recent graduate from an American college or university who wish to further develop their career path in an international setting. This opportunity is meant for candidates who have an understanding of what they wish to pursue professionally, are independent and mature, and ready to take on the challenge of living and working internationally. Selected grantees will be provided with a monthly stipend for an internship up to 6 months. Applications for the USA2Holland program are open for submissions on a rolling basis.
Important: This application is for applicants interested in an internship longer than 3 months. If you wish to pursue an internship shorter than 3 months, please submit an application for the Summer Internship program.
There are two deadlines per year to apply to this program: December 1 (for summer/fall start dates) and June 1 (for winter start dates).
To qualify for an award, the following minimum requirements apply:
- You are a recent graduate from an American college or university
- Without this grant, you do not have sufficient financial resources to fund your internship
- You are 20 years or older on the date you submit your application
- You are motivated to intern for a Dutch company
- Your study results are sufficient to complete the internship (at least 3.0 GPA)
Please note that in the following application, the following documents are requested:
- A letter of recommendation: Provide the email of your reference and a request will be sent directly to them
- Proof of how you are financing your education, such as a screenshot of government aid
- Photo or scan of the ID page of your passport
- If you do not have an internship in the Netherlands, you are asked to supply a generic cover letter to a Dutch company, explaining your interest in acquiring an internship in the Netherlands
- Transcript with most recent semester grades
Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee acceptance to this program and final decisions are made by an independent internship selection committee.